Greetings and Welcome to Frank C. Martin K-8 Center, “The Home of the Falcons!”
It is our pleasure to welcome you and your child to FCM for the 2022-2023 school year! We are proud to hold a longstanding record of having been recognized as A+ from the Florida Department of Education for 20 consecutive years. Our accolades continue to grow and because of the efforts of our hardworking scholars, outstanding teachers, and dedicated family members our school received Gold STEAM Designation for the 2021-2022 school year. We are honored to have you as a member of the FCM K-8 family and are confident that together with you, we will continue our path of excellence.
The constant commitment and enthusiasm of the administration and staff continue to sustain an environment where incredible learning and understanding take place. We are pleased that you have chosen Frank C. Martin International K-8 Center to be your child’s educational institution, where building the whole child is our goal. By working together, we can continue to make our school the extraordinary school that it has proven to be.
The 2022-2023 school year is going to be a great school year. This year’s school theme is “Everyone get on board, because we are back on T.R.A.C.K!” Truly focusing our scholars on the acronym TRACK, which incorporates attributes from the IB Learner Profile:
- T represents Thinkers: as we listened to the request of the school community, we began to think of ways to increase our efforts with more afterschool activities and community service offerings.
- R represents Reflective: we will continue to reflect on the safety of our school community and how can we better serve the whole student.
- A represents the school’s grade, reminding us that educational excellence is our primary focus.
- C for Communicators, this year we must celebrate our wins, but communicate our scholars, parents, and school needs; and
- K represents Knowledgeable, we must equip our scholars with the knowledge to be FUTURE READY.
Please know that your administrators, faculty, and staff are here to support you. Every family is a priority and if there is anything that we can do to assist you as we continue to regain normalcy, please reach out to us. We will continue to work hard to ensure that the academic, social, and emotional needs of our scholars are met. Please make sure that you update your contact information with our office staff. The Frank C. Martin K-8 Center Parent/Student Handbook, in its entirety, will be available on the school’s website at fcmartink8.net.
You are encouraged to stay abreast of the school events. Join us on our school’s Instagram page at fcminternationalk8, our Facebook page at fcminternational_k8 or on Twitter at fcmk8 and place your email address on the PTSA email tree.
We would like to extend an invitation to you to attend all school programs, become an active participant in the PTSA and its programs, and become involved in continuing to make Frank C. Martin International K-8 Center one of the finest institutions in Miami-Dade County Public Schools. If Everyone gets on board, we will be back on T.R.A.C.K!
Gregory A. Beckford, Head of School