Frank Crawford Martin International K-8 Center, formerly known as Frank Crawford Elementary School, was founded in 1952 by Captain Frank Crawford Martin, a World War II veteran pilot. Captain Martin initially purchased land in this community in an effort to provide affordable housing for Black veterans. Over the years, the needs of the community changed and additional land was donated by Captain Martin for churches, parks, and schools. From the onset, Frank C. Martin Elementary School serviced the local community as an elementary school. However, in an effort to integrate during the early 1970’s, the school became a sixth grade center drawing students from surrounding communities. The school remained a sixth grade center for twenty-five years until 1997 when it became an elementary school. Shortly after, the school became a member of the Magnet Program for Language as well as the first authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme in the state of Florida. In July of 2008, we were officially authorized to offer 6th through 8th grade students the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP). Frank C. Martin is Florida’s first fully authorized International Baccalaureate K – 8 Center.